Tuesday 16 April 2013

Rawsome Muesli - dehydrated raw muesli



I actually find normal muesli too hard for me to digest. I always get a heavy, tight feeling in my stomach when I eat it, so I don't eat it much at all these days, if ever. I have missed eating muesli with fresh fruit and some sort of milk for breakfast over the years, since I realised how it made me feel. Then I came across raw muesli about 6-7 years ago. Wow! What a difference on my digestion. Then combined with a refreshing nut milk, and a little fruit (red papaya's are my favourite), I was in breakfast heaven, seriously.

When I make this I make it in large quantise,
often making a months supply at a time. I find a small amount quite filling and it keeps me going and not just because my digestion is tied up trying to digest it like normal muesli but because it is so wonderfully nutritious and satisfying.

There is no way around using a dehydrator so borrow a friend or consider investing in one if you think you'll use it and benefit from it.

3 cups buckwheat (kernels)
1 cup macadamia nuts or brazil nuts, soaked for 3 hours
1 cup dried cranberries or sultana's, soaked in orange juice (1x) for 1 hour
1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight (and rinse)
1 cup pepita seeds, soaked overnight (and rinse)
2 cups shredded coconut, soaked for 1 hour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups coconut sugar (disolved in  1/2 cup boiling water to make a syrup)
1 tsp vanilla paste or 1x vanilla pod, scrapped

Soak the buckwheat and nuts and seeds over night. Then rinse. The buckwheat gets a little gelatinous but just rinse it as best you can. Place in a large mixing bowl.

Soak your dried fruit/s and coconut (so it doesn't dry out to much when being dehydrated) and add them to the bowl.

Mix the vanilla & cinnamon into the coconut sugar syrup and stir until vanilla/cinnamon has blended evenly into the sugar syrup and the sugar granules have dissolved.

Mix all the ingredients together including the syrup thoroughly.

Spread the mixture out to the edges on teflex sheets (which sits on top of each shelf/tray) about 1 inch thick. It's important to spread it out evenly and not too thick as it will take longer to dehydrate.

Dehydrate for 2 hours at 145F and then reduce heat to 116 for 4-6 hours or until crunchy and crisp.

Once dry (but not too dried out) and cool, and put muesli into air tight containers and eat when desired with nut mylk, coconut yoghurt or milk of your choice! 

Try it with fresh fruit or warmed stewed fruit for an extra orgasmic breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Information. Its quite different from other posts.
    Buy Cashew Nuts

    ReplyDelete