Thursday 19 January 2012

Cucumber, Cabbage and Tomato salad with Black olives - Summer Salad Series No 1




If you are like me, you probably live on salads in the Summer time. I have my classic favourites but love to mix it up a bit and discover new combinations. I challenge myself to use vegetables I don't normally buy. This salad has many of my favourite things in it but somehow it's different
from my normal salad.So this summer I will bring you some different salad combinations. They can be eaten just as they are or to accompany any of your favourite dishes.

Makes a bowlful for 4 people

2 medium sized lebanese cucumber, de-skinned and sliced into half moons
4 small tomatoes, diced
½
cabbage, sliced paper fine (white or purple)
1-2 small purple onion, sliced paper fine 
150gm Sunflower sprouts or your favourite sprouts
½ cup pitted olives, any kind will do
1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped

Super simple dressing

1.5 juicy lemons, juice of
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp good salt

Put all the ingredients in a jar and shake. Dress moments before you are ready to eat. Pour over the salad and toss. Serve into four bowls.

Serve with fresh bread, raw crackers, half an avocado on top, stir in some brown rice, quinoa, millet or yummy gluten free pasta for a more substantial meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment